Le Chéile Mentoring & Family Support Services is recruiting a PR and
Marketing Intern, to be based in our Head office in Dun Laoghaire,
We are looking for someone from a PR/Marketing or Media background
who wants to gain workplace experience in the non-profit area. The
intern will gain skills and experience across a broad spectrum of media
and marketing disciplines. While, also having the opportunity to
network, develop relationships and make contacts with professionals
working in the area.
This is a 6-9 month internship, one day a week or two
mornings/afternoons. We are happy to be flexible to accommodate
academic commitments. Applicants must supply suitable character
references and if successful, complete a Garda vetting application form.
The overall aim of this placement is to support the creation of Le
Chéile’s national and regional PR strategy in order to increase
awareness of Le Chéile amongst the general public and relevant
Role and Responsibilities
- Research – Carry out relevant internal and external research to inform a national and regional strategy to raise Le Chéile’s profile.
- Strategy – To assist in devising and supporting plan
of annual PR and Marketing activities and a review system to measure
the effects of these activities. This plan would take account of
regional needs and differences and the organization as a whole and would
make recommendations on how Le Chéile would implement the strategy on
an on-going basis.
- Media – A key aspect to this role will be to develop
relationships with the media and relevant stakeholders. To proactively
network and make links with tv, radio and print media, with a view to
seeing how we could best utilize these mediums.
– From this, develop a PR database of journalists, and relevant
individuals, agencies, members of Probation, Judicial system identified
to target with marketing materials, press releases etc.
– Compile list of radio and tv programming schedules, regional and
National Newspapers, Youth and Justice Magazines, and identify
opportunities within these to promote Le Chéile.
– Measurement of press activity, organise press cuttings display book.
- Marketing – including developing and distributing
effective promotional materials, getting our message out to potential
volunteers and relevant stake holders and developing audiences and
- PR – Identifying good opportunities, media stories
and mechanisms for promotion across our project’s annual cycle, eg
recruitment, volunteer recognition events, launch of annual report,
strategy documents, newsletters, national and international volunteering
- Developing marketing templates to support current and future PR
activity, eg. variety of press releases and prep-work for potential
- Student or Graduate of PR, Marketing or Media or other relevant discipline.
- Outgoing, motivated self starter who enjoys meeting new people, networking and developing relationships.
- Reliable, honest and hardworking.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High standards of verbal and written communication
- Some media experience preferable.
In return, interns will receive a full induction, access to training
and ongoing formal and informal support. There will be regular
reviews, to assess progress and also to ensure that any learning
objectives the intern has identified at the induction stage, are being
met. We will endeavour to facilitate learning in areas of particular
interest to the successful candidate.
Le Chéile will also cover any out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the role.
To apply, please return completed applications to email@example.com
or to Mary Davis, Le Chéile, Tivoli Training Centre, 24 Tivoli Training
Centre, Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin by 5pm on Monday 21st October