Le Chéile Mentoring is delighted to announce that it will be hosting its fifth annual National Volunteer Conference on the 25th June 2022. This will be the first in person event since 2018 due to the Covid 19 pandemic. The National Volunteer Conference is an important time for the Le Cheile to acknowledge the contribution that volunteers make to our work and to empower and support our volunteers to succeed in their role. This years Conference is an opportunity for our volunteers to learn new skills, meet mentors from across the service and reenergise the mentoring spirit.
The theme of this years conference is Digging Deep – planting seeds of change through relationships and resilience . During the conference we will especially focus on the power of the mentoring relationship and how even the smallest gesture or word has the capacity to transform lives.
Our keynote speaker is Mr James Leonard from Coolmine Community Drug and Alcohol Service in Cork city and co-host of the popular podcast The Two Norries. James spent over ten years in addiction which led him to prisons & hospitals many times until he finally got sober in 2013 with the help of others and a lot of determination and hard work.
We are also excited to welome a variety of guest speakers and workshop facilitators
- Jessica Wade: Evening Service Manage of the No Bucks Café at Tiglin, a multi service residential treatment centre that strives to help those affected by substance abuse
- Stephen Flood: Community Employment Assistant Supervisor at Tiglin’s No Bucks Café
- Debra Crawley: Women’s Education Programme Coordinator with An Cosán
- Brian Kelly: Eden Programme Co-ordinator & Wellness Workshop Facilitator with Suicide or Survive (SOS)
- Lorna Walsh: Mentoring Coordinator post for Limerick & Clare and previously Restorative Justice Project Officer in Limerick.
We are excited to welcome all of our volunteers and guests and to connect in person again for our biggest event of the year.