Are you a dynamic person who enjoys working in a varied role? Do you have excellent communication and writing skills? Working with a dedicated team, the successful candidate will support our services to make a difference in young people’s lives.
The Role: The Communications and Policy Officer will lead on Le Chéile’s Communications and Policy work in the context of the Le Chéile strategy. The role is responsible for the effective promotion of Le Chéile, its value and impact, to potential volunteers, referral and partner agencies, as well as funders, and the general public. This role also plays a key role in effective internal communications. The Communications and Policy Officer is responsible for ensuring that Le Chéile policies are fit for purpose, compliant with relevant legislation and meet best practice standards.
Profile: We are seeking an experienced, effective communicator with a track record in leading on Communications and Policy work in the context of organisational strategies.
- A Degree in one of the following: Communications, Public Relations, one of the Social Sciences, or Law.
- A minimum of 2 years post graduate work experience in a communications or policy role.
- Experience of drafting and editing content.
- Experience of engaging social media and mainstream media and coordinating websites and creating content.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills.
- Initiative, problem solving and creativity.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS office and information and database systems.
- A commitment to the work and values of Le Chéile.
- Clean Driving License and own car.
Location: Office Base in Dun Laoghaire and some option of home working
Salary: €33,500 – €42,000, commensurate with experience
Additional Benefits: Extensive benefits package – see Job Description for more information
The closing date for applications is 30th October 2023
A panel may be formed for similar vacancies for one year.
Applications on application form only to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Le Chéile is an equal opportunities employer
Le Chéile Mentoring is funded by The Department of Justice through The Probation Service