** Applications now closed **
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable young people and their families?
Le Chéile Mentoring is a national, volunteer mentoring and family support service, which works with young people and their families, where the young person is involved in or at risk of offending. We achieve this through youth and parent mentoring, family support and restorative justice services. Our vision is For every young person at risk – the right supports at the right time, to make the most of their lives.
We are currently recruiting Board Members with the below experience.
Human Resources Experience
We are seeking a person with HR and management expertise who can strengthen the Board’s knowledge and oversight of this key area. This role will play a key role is supporting the CEO and advising the Board in relation to HR matters.
Role Description includes;
- Be an active contributing Director of the Board
- Provide expertise and advice relating to HR to the Board.
- Take an active role in the Finance and HR subcommittee of the Board.
- Support the CEO in relation to HR matters.
Business, Strategy and Governance Experience
We are seeking a person with business/strategy/governance expertise. This person will have experience of operating at a senior level and be capable of contributing to Board’s core functions in particular in relation to strategy, finance, compliance and risk management. This role will be expected to be an active contributing Director of the Board and to take an active role in one of the subcommittees of the Board.
Communications and Marketing Experience
We are seeking a person with Management experience, Communications and Marketing skills, including online and traditional media. This role is actively involved in the organisation’s strategic direction, taking a leading role on communications and PR development.
Role Description includes:
- Be an active contributing Director of the Board.
- Provide expertise and advice on all matters relating to communications, marketing, public relations and digital development.
- Advise on the implementation of communications strategies.
- Take an active role in the Fundraising and Communications subcommittee of the Board.
Roles and Responsibilities of Le Chéile Board of Directors
- The Board meets approximately 8 meetings per annum, plus attendance at sub-committee meetings, as required. Meetings are held on Tuesday evenings in our head office in Dun Laoghaire.
- A hybrid approach is being implemented at present which will facilitate meetings in person with the option of joining remotely.
- As a registered charity no fees are paid to Board members. Travel and subsistence expenses are paid where appropriate.
- The term of office is three years.
The main responsibilities of the Directors include.
- Vision and Leadership
- Legal Matters
- Financial Responsibilities
- Managing Staff and Volunteers
- Maintaining Board Confidentiality
If you would like to apply for a Directorship with Le Chéile Mentoring, please fill out the Expression of Interest form and send to email@example.com by 9am on May 15th 2023.
Candidate Information pack: Download Here
Expression of Interest Form: Download Here