We are looking for a passionate and committed professional who believes in the potential of young people and providing support to parents. Come and work with us in an inspiring, rewarding and dynamic work environment where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in a young person’s life.
The Role: Le Chéile is recruiting a Mentor Coordinator for our Oberstown Project. This vacancy is a full time role based in Oberstown Child Detention Campus.
Profile: Le Chéile and Oberstown work collaboratively to run a unique programme that provides parents and young people who are involved with Oberstown the opportunity to avail of mentoring and family support services in the community. Volunteers are recruited, trained, supervised and supported by Le Cheile. The Mentor Co-ordinator will work closely with other Le Chéile staff and the staff in Oberstown. This post will be based in Oberstown Detention Campus and will respond to direct referrals from Oberstown. At times, travel out of Dublin will be required.
- Recognised qualification in one of the following Youth and Community Work, Education, Social Work, Psychology, Social Science or other related area.
- 3 years full time paid experience of working with young people or family support
- Experience of working with volunteers, preferably in a supervisory capacity
- Project Management experience
- Clean Driving License and own car.
- Candidates will be subject to Garda vetting and must be of good character.
Location: Oberstown Detention Campus, Lusk, Co. Dublin with some option of home working
Salary: €43,000 – €55,000 per annum (Commensurate with experience)
Additional Benefits: Extensive benefits package – see Job Description for more information
The closing date for applications is 30th October 2023
Applications on application form only to be sent to email@example.com
A panel may be formed for similar vacancies for one year.
Le Chéile is an equal opportunities employer
Le Chéile Mentoring is funded by The Department of Justice through The Probation Service