*The deadline for this position has now passed and we are no longer accepting applications.
Le Chéile Mentoring is a national, volunteer mentoring and family support service, which works with young people and their families, where the young person is involved in or at risk of offending.
The Role: Restorative Justice (RJ) Project Officer works with young people who are involved in the Justice System, victims, and family members to repair the harm caused, rebuild relationships and restore communities. The RJ Project worker coordinates the RJ project which works with young people who have been referred by the Probation services.
Profile: We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual with relevant experience in youth work, youth justice and a commitment to Restorative Justice with excellent organisational and networking skills to be part of the Le Chéile team
- Degree in Youth and Community Work, Criminology, Education, Social Work, Psychology, Social Science or other related area.
- Two years full time paid experience of working with young people on a one to one and group work basis.
- Excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills.
- Clean Driving License and own car.
- Experience in facilitating group work programmes and training volunteers/ professionals.
- Experience of working with and supporting volunteers.
- Experience in and understanding of Young Person’s Probation and Community Based Organisations
- Excellent networking skills and the ability to liaise with the key players involved.
- Experience of working with Young People, Families and Victims in a youth work/youth justice setting.
- Experience and knowledge of Restorative Practices/ Restorative Justice.
- Trained and experienced in Restorative Practices/ Restorative Justice.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Outcome Star.
Location: Limerick and surrounding area
Salary: € 32,000 – € 42,000 per annum commensurate with experience
Job Description: Download here
Application Form: Download here
The Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 07 January.
Applications via application form only, to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Le Chéile is an equal opportunities employer.